Keep Your Breath Fresh with These 8 Habits
“To expect to be kissed having bad breath is the secret of a fool.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
Bad breath happens. And if you’ve ever wondered what you can do to keep your breath fresh – here are some habits that can help.
- Brush and Floss Daily. You need to brush your teeth at least twice per day for 2 minutes each time. Additionally, you need to floss daily in order to remove food and plaque located between teeth and below the gum line.
- Brush Your Tongue. Your tongue is another prime source of bacteria in your mouth. A tongue scraper is a simple tool to help remove bacteria.
- Rinse with an Alcohol-Free Mouthwash. Mouthwash which contains alcohol can actually cause dry mouth, which in turn can lead to bad breath. Choose an alcohol-free mouthwash like Perfect Smile Mouthwash.
- Drink Water. Staying hydrated can also help you prevent bad breath. When you are dehydrated, you produce less saliva, which contributes to dry mouth and bad breath. Carry a water bottle with you so you can hydrate on the go.
- Choose Crunchy Foods for Snacks. When it comes time to grab a snack – reach for crunch fruits and vegetables. Crunchy snacks require chewing which can help to remove food particles in your mouth. Go for apples, carrots, and celery.
- Chew Gum with Xylitol. Xylitol is a natural sweetener that also has antibacterial properties. Look for sugar-free gum with xylitol to help fight the bacteria in your mouth and create fresher breath.
- Fight Gum Disease. Gum disease can also be a source of bad breath. When you work to prevent gum disease, you can improve your breath.
- Quit Using Tobacco Products. Smoking cigarettes and using tobacco products contributes to bad breath. Give up these things to help your breath and your health.
Don’t let bad breath prevent you from getting close to others. Work to develop these good habits that will help you have fresh breath!